Handbook Pages Map

Select a page from the list below

Site Misc Pages

  • Home

  • FAQs

    What is the latest date I can apply for student finance?You can apply for student finance up to nine months after the start of the academic year if you're a full-time or part-time student. Check with Registry when your academic year starts as it's not necessarily the first day of your course. It will either be 1 September, 1 January, 1 April or 1 July.

    Should I get a student overdraft? A student interest free overdraft can help with the extra costs of university which student funding may not cover. More information about what student overdrafts are is available here and advice on choosing the best student bank account is available here.

    Can I get help with childcare? If you are eligible for student finance you could also be eligible for a childcare grant from Student Finance England. More information can be found here.

    What happens to my funding if I decide to withdraw, interrupt or change my course? Any students considering withdrawal, interruption or course transfer are advised to make an appointment with Academic Advice and Student Funding Advice in Student Support to discuss the financial and academic implications. For more information including contact details of the services please visit the Student Support section of the Student Handbook: http://handbook.marjon.ac.uk/hb.php?pathID=4&pageID=22 or visit the Information Hub for quick queries.

    Where can I get help with budgeting?
    If you would like advice and guidance on how to budget your student funding you can book a budgeting appointment with Student Funding Advice via studentsupport@marjon.ac.uk . A budgeting planner, spending sheet and other useful finance information and leaflets are available on the Student Funding Advice Learning Space Page .  The UCAS website also has an online budget calculator.

    Am I eligible for benefits while I’m a student?
    The benefits you can apply for depend on your circumstances and whether you are studying full-or part-time. Due to the complicated, ever-changing nature of the benefits system students are advised to contact the relevant benefit providers for further information. A useful guide to benefits for students can be found here.

    All content on this site is © Plymouth Marjon University 2018
    Home | Admin Area | Version 1.0