Handbook Pages Map

Select a page from the list below

Site Misc Pages

  • Home

  • Student Funding Advice

    What we do:
    From basic advice on funding entitlements to complex advice about serious financial problems.
    The service offers impartial, confidential and professional guidance and information to students.
    We administer the University Hardship Fund, Care Leaver and Estranged Student Bursaries and University Emergency Loans. (Please see below for further information)

    We offer appointments to discuss:
    Financial or personal situations which may affect study.
    Financial implications of interruption, re-start, transfer or withdrawal of study.

    Who we are:
    Debbie Smitham - Student Funding Adviser

    For inital enquiries and information please contact the Information Hub:
    In person: The Information Hub (located at University's Main Entrance)
    Via telephone: 01752 636700
    Via email: info@marjon.ac.uk
    To book an appointment with the funding adviser or if you have a complicated query please email: studentfunding@marjon.ac.uk

    Twitter: @Funding_Marjon

    University Hardship Fund:

    There’s a certain amount of funding available to help students who are experiencing financial hardship. If you have children, are a mature student with existing financial commitments, are from a low-income family, were previously in care, or are homeless, we may be able to help you fund your studies. 
    All applications will be means tested and payments will usually be made in installments. 
    For the full guidelines and application form please follow this link and click on the University Hardship Fund folder: https://moodle.marjon.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=710
    Paper copies of the guidance notes and application form are available from the University Hub.

    Care Leavers Bursary:

    The University provides a Care Leavers Bursary of £2,000 per annum.

    Students who have indicated on their application to the University that they are a Care Leaver will be contacted by the Student Funding Adviser and sent a bursary application form after the start of the Academic Year.
    If you did not indicate your Care Leaver status on your University application please email studentfunding@marjon.ac.uk 
    For further information on the bursary please follow this link and click the Care Leavers folder: https://moodle.marjon.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=710 

    Estranged Student Bursary:

    The University provides a Estranged Student Bursary of £1,000 per annum.

    If you are under 25 and estranged from both of your biological or adoptive parents or only living parents you may be eligible to apply.
    For further information on the bursary please follow this link: https://moodle.marjon.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=710 and click on the Estranged Students folder.
    For an application form please contact studentfunding@marjon.ac.uk

    Securing independant status on the basis of estrangement with Student Fiannce can sometimes be difficult and time consuming so if you are struggling with this process please contact studentfunding@marjon.ac.uk for help.

    University Emergency Loan:

    The University Emergency Loan is intended to help students who need extra financial support in emergency situations due to unforseen events and who do not have any other means of financial support.

    Each application is assessed on an individual basis with a meeting with a Student Funding Adviser to discuss the situation and to assess if a University Emergency Loan is appropriate for the circumstance or if there is any further support that we can offer.

    The guidance notes and application form can be found by following this link and clicking on the University Emergency Loan folder: https://moodle.marjon.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=710 
    Paper copies of the guidance notes and application form are available from the University Hub.
    To arrange an appointment regarding an Emergency Loan please email: studentfunding@marjon.ac.uk

    Further advice:

    For information regarding Council Tax, funding FAQ's, getting your money, insurance, money worries and tuition and accommodation fees please go to the "Money Matters" section of the Student Handbook.

    All content on this site is © Plymouth Marjon University 2018
    Home | Admin Area | Version 1.0