Handbook Pages Map

Select a page from the list below

Site Misc Pages

  • Home

  • Where to get help


    Coping with housing problems can be stressful and sometimes it's difficult to know where to begin. Below are some links that can help with problems such as dealing with landlords, struggling to pay rent or finding a place to stay if you become homeless.



    Shelter can help anyone struggling with bad housing or homelessness by giving advice and support.
    Visit: http://england.shelter.org.uk
    Contact Shelter's housing advice helpline: 0808 800 4444 (calls are free from UK landlines and main mobile networks).
    Visit the Get Advice section of the website for help online.
    Phone or visit a Shelter advice centre near you.


    Citizens Advice

    Citizens Advice can provide advice on housing issues to anyone.
    Visit: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/

    Citizens Advice also has a website dedicated to students in private rented accommodation.
    Visit: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/renting-a-home/student-housing/students-in-private-rented-accommodation/


    The Mix

    The Mix can provide advice on housing to those under 25.
    Visit: http://www.themix.org.uk/housing?gclid=CN62hZCj4NMCFWm-7Qod9NILrw
    Or call: 0808 808 4994


    Direct Gov.

    The Direct Gov. webiste outlines your rights and responsibilites as a tenant in private rented accommodation in relation to the following:

    All content on this site is © Plymouth Marjon University 2018
    Home | Admin Area | Version 1.0