Clubs & Societies
Want to set up a new Club or Society?
Here’s how you do it…
- If you want to start a club or society, make sure there isn’t one already existing that does the same activities, or is based on the same idea- there’s no point in duplicating.
- Download an application form or grab a hard copy from the Clubs & Societies board which is outside the SU.
- Get a group of friends, or like-minded fellow students together, to sit down and discuss what the basic activities and functions of your club are going to be. Will you be going on trips, are you discussing something, are you training etc?
- You need to choose a committee; this comprises a president, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer as a necessity.
- Next you will need to attract a minimum of 6 other people to become potential members. A minimum of 10 members are needed, this number includes the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. At this stage, they don’t need to pay anything, but you will need to collect their names and contact information on the provided sheet in the application pack.
- Then you need to look carefully at the questions on the application pack and fill in the answers as best you can.
Remember if you have any questions, please contact your SU Officers Elias and/or Rhys